It's Just Another Gas Station, Right?

If you do much traveling in Texas at some point you will run across the biggest gas station you have ever seen. 

Have you stopped in to a Buc-ee's and had a look around? Like many other when the news of a Buc-ee's opening up near me was all the hype, I was confused why. It's just another gas station so what is the big deal I didn't get the hype and massive fan following.
Once the local Buc-ee's opened up in 2015 I stopped in to have a look around. The station is massive and full of all kinds of food and products. After about my 5th stop to the gas station I had fallen in to Buc-ee's trap! I now have been to all the north and central Texas locations and now it is part of my daily routine on my drive home from Dallas. 

Here are a few things I've noticed during my travels across Texas while dropping in to many of the Buc-ee locations. You can tell the first timers from the regulars by the amount of pictures being taken. Although they do not advertise gas prices it will be the cheapest fuel on the road, and the massive amount of gas pumps you always find one open. It is a traveler stop but, not a truck stop as 18 wheelers are not allowed unless they are the fuel truck. If you stop in hungry there is plenty of food to choose from for any diet. 

Once you have made Buc-ee's your daily stop, you don't realize how high you set the bar for other gas stations. There are a few station making an attempt to compete, it's gonna be tough to beat the beaver. I went from being  "It's just a gas station" to a daily stop in for fuel and a drink. It don't matter the time of day it always busy from the local commuters to road warriors and if you have your dog there is a dog area too. 

The first Buc-ee's station opened in 1982 and has now grown to 36 location across Texas and recently ventured off to Louisiana, Florida, and Alabama. In closing I'll leave you with a few words of wisdom, there is no possible way to keep from eating the entire bag of Beaver nuggets so don't even make the attempt because you will defiantly fail.    
        ~ Pepper Stewart  

  








Comments