Shad "Money" Mayfield captures title at Cinch Playoffs

** MEDIA RELEASE **


Shad "Money" Mayfield captures title at Cinch Playoffs 


 

The superstar tie-down roper clocked an 8.8-second time to win the final four sudden-death round.

 

"Luckily I knew the first guy (Blane Cox) broke the barrier and the second guy (John Douch) missed, so after that I knew I just had to make the best run I could and let it fall into place," Mayfield said. "I just let that happen and it feels good to get a good check out of here."


Photo By: Rod Conner


Mayfield earned $13,000 by winning the final round and left town with $14,800. The Clovis, N.M., cowboy entered Sunday with $178,089. With his check in the final four, Mayfield surpassed tie-down roper Tuf Cooper's record of $190,445 for the most money won in a single regular season before the NFR in the event. Cooper set the mark in 2017.

As of Sept. 12, Mayfield was leading the PRCA | RAM World Standings with $199,397.

 

"I really didn't know if I got the record or not, but it feels good to win this rodeo," said Mayfield, the 2020 PRCA Tie-Down Roping World Champion. "I knew this would put money in my pocket and go towards the standings."

 

Mayfield took top honors in the finals followed by Haven Meged (12.5 seconds) and Cox (17.5 seconds). 


 

Mayfield moved into the final four sudden-death finals by clocking a 9.4-second time in the round of eight. He came into the final four with the third fastest time behind Haven Meged (7.6 seconds) and Douch (8.3 seconds). Blane Cox (10.4 seconds) rounded out the final four.

 

Mayfield was quick to credit his horsepower.

 

"I rode my good horse Rampage, and he won first and third here because Blane Cox was also riding him," Mayfield said. "Rampage is 13 and he has really come around. I usually would have kept him at home and let him rest. But I set that goal to break the single-season regular season (tie-down roping earnings mark). I said you know what Rampage I need one more month, that's all I need from you and that was his last run until the NFR. Now, he's going to go home and get some rest."    - PRCA Media 














Comments